Friday, April 27, 2012

My fun week!

Sarah had her conference last week. The teachers said they have never had a child in this age group who knew all her upper and lower case letters and could write her first and last name, count up to 30, cut with scissors so well, and do math and science with good skills. They said she is really smart and wanted to know if we were going to put her in Pre-K next year or second grade :). Sure I guess we could put her in second grade with Jenna.  That was pretty exciting.

 This week I attended the Faculty Symposium and had a wonderful time! I met faculty from all across the country and got some good ideas to implement in the classroom. I went to several presentations and discussions and loved getting to know everyone. I was on the planning committee and I really enjoyed it.  

Sandy, Cyndi, Me, John, and Joe from Columbus at the Faculty Symposium. Ryan is not pictured - apparently he didn't eat breakfast this day. John is from Columbus but actually now works for corporate Devry
 On the final day of the symposium we made/stuffed bears through Build-a-bear and donated them to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. It was a heartfelt team building exercise that everyone enjoyed. I got to know Joe from my campus better and found out he has read many of the same books I have read, including the Windup Girl and pretty much all of the fantasy and sci fi books I have read. He has also read an Alloy of Law the next book for our book club!
The team for the build-a-bear competition at the symposium - I was on the committee so I couldn't be on the team

All the Columbus faculty together

I'm so glad I attended - it was a wonderful experience! Another Columbus faculty could not attend at the last minute and we missed him.

I was gone this week and missed my kids quite a bit. Today I took Sarah and Matthew to a park for "fun" and Matthew went a little crazy. He needs a leash. We went with Tricia and her kids Addie and Tyson. It was fun to get out!

An example of Matthew running away from me at the park at an alarming speed
Jenna at the First Grade Girl Scout Hoedown
Sarah see-sawing with Tricia's kids Tyson and Addie
 67 points on Quiddler today

No comments: