Friday, April 06, 2012

All the months of the year

April = awesome.  How awesome you might wonder? Well I'm glad you asked that. It is 5/12 awesome. I can actually say that because I ordered all the months by my favorites. Obviously.
Here's my list of months from least favorite to favorite (sorry January)
12. January - too cold
11. Februray - ditto
10. March - still cold
9. November - Yea! Thanksgiving!
8. August - summer is winding down but still a great time of year
7. May - transition month just to get to June, but the weather is wonderful!
6. October - pumpkins and trick-or-treat. Yea!
5. April - waking up after the cold, I love the beautiful flowers and blossoms
4. December - Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year (at least I heard that somewhere...)
3. September - The leaves are turning color, the weather is mild, it is nice outside
2. June - what's not to love? seriously? June is a fantastic month
1. July - my birthday and a full month of summer. Love summertime!


Sidewalk chalk fun

Yes they dumped out the bubble container on the steps and started rubbing the bubble wands in the liquid
Two weeks ago we had board gaming night at our house. It was an awesome time and I think everyone had fun. I made two types of dip and had vanilla wafers and graham crackers to dip in them. They were scrumptuous:  Cookie dough dip and red velvet dip.  It was a really fun time and I appointed Missy as the photographer.
Yummy dips for game night

Ticket to Ride! Notice Dave really studying that blue train!

Railroad Tycoon. Erik dominated this game - surprise! surprise!

More railroad tycoon
More Ticket to Ride. I won this game. The hosts swept this game night

In other news:
  1. I saw the Hunger Games movie. It was an excellent book adaptation movie. They did a great job keeping the spirit of the book in the movie.
  2. I finished Queen of Men by Joel Cooper. This book is a good fantasy fiction book and the writing is improved over his first book (which seemed more young adult to me).
  3. I also finished Feast of Souls by C.S. Friedman. This is the first book in the Magister trilogy and I'll wait on the second one until I finish some other books I'm reading now.
  4. Our Coo* book club is reading the Windup Girl. There are many interesting concepts in the book, however I'm not sure I care about the characters all that much.
  5. I just started reading Rhett Butler's People. I love Gone With the Wind and this story is from Rhett Butler's point of view - he's such a scoundrel!
  6. My friend Brian is a celebrity. He works at Ford and makes a cameo in this video at about 53 seconds into it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-us8xt-3PNw I didn't realize Ford was so exciting!
  7. 66 points on Quiddler today


3 comments:

DVK said...

If you like Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan I *really* think you should try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Catan-Histories-Settlers-America-Trails/dp/B003NX73F6

We have really been enjoying it.

Gina Cooper said...

That looks awesome! I'll have to get it. If you have it maybe we can play when we come up

Amanda said...

My friend Beth is a celebrity now! She's been on both our blogs :) Is Ticket to Ride the game you brought to the cabin that one year? I still talk about that game. I need to get it.