Thursday, June 21, 2012

My "little" boy is 2

My "little" baby is 2! I say "little" with reservations since Matthew is in the 90th percentile for height. I took him to the pediatrician today for his 2 year checkup and the Doctor said he will most likely be 6'1" or 6'2". He gets it from me.
Is this the face of a happy 2 year old?
 Matthew got a lot of fun gifts for his birthday. He likes this track rug that he can race cars on. Although Sarah might like it more :).
Matthew and Sarah playing with the car-track rug

One cupcake for the birthday boy
 My friends Jen, Andria, and Tricia came over for a playdate and the older kids had a water balloon fight. They loved it although I'm still finding bits of water balloon in my yard.  While the kids had a water balloon fight my friends and I ate Indian food. Andria had never tried it so I bought Chicken Tikka Masala, Saag Paneer, and Dal Makhini from Amul India. Andria loved it!

Water balloon fight!
Matthew's top ten. I always list my top ten favorite things (who doesn't love lists?) and thought I would list Matthew's top ten favorite things:
  1. Popsicles. Just the mere mention of the word popsicle throws Matthew in some super excited state. He LOVES popsicles.
  2. Outside. Matthew often brings his shoes to me or bangs on the door to go outside. He never wants to come indoors. Ever.
  3. Swinging. This goes along with number 2. When we are outside, he loves to swing. When we go to parks he loves the swing there too. He will walk up to it and bang on it until Mommy pushes him in the swing.
  4. Mommy. I love this :). Mommy is number 1 to Matthew. If Daddy leaves...meh. But if Mommy leaves the world is ending. Daddy can't even hug Mommy. He gets jealous.
  5. Lights. All of the lights and ceiling fans are pretty much constantly on at our house. He loves to turn them on and off. If we turn the light off and he wants it on, he gets mad at us and flips the switch.
  6. Opening and closing cabinets and doors. Matthew is constantly opening and closing doors and cabinets. We went to this fun music class and he spent the entire time opening and closing the cabinets.
  7. Jumping. Most kids cry or play or somehow let you know they are done with their nap in a nice, sweet way. Matthew jumps. He is always jumping. It's nice that he doesn't scream after naps - just jumps.
  8. Running. Why did I ever wish for him to walk? Now he runs and runs and runs specifically away from Mommy. I don't understand why since I'm number 4 on the list.
  9. Milk. It does a Matthew good. He loves to drink milk to help him relax and settle down. He loves his cup of milk!
  10. Music. At church Matthew loves the worship. He will dance to the music and tries to go up on stage. He loves our little keyboard and the xylophone at church. I hope he plays the saxophone like Mommy some day!
78 points on Quiddler today. I got to make the word jeez!

2 comments:

Joel said...

Just to clarify - Mommy is #4. Daddy didn't make the list. So Matthew likes milk more than he likes his father.

Poor Erik.

:)

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of the kids and they seem to be having a good time. Nana