Thursday, June 14, 2012

Roasting marshmallows and the dollar store

Last weekend we embarked on our first camping trip of the summer. We went to Cross Creek Camping Resort and had a great spot! This place doesn't have many pull-through spots but we got one - yipee! We roasted marshmallows, went swimming, played on the playground, and relaxed. This is exactly what I love about camping. It really does force me to stop working and relax and I needed that. I spend way too much time working on my classes and this weekend was perfect!
Roasting marshmallows
The girls are not supposed to sit in this luggage rack, so where else would Sarah be?
I caught you Sarah!
We have always put our pack and play on the couch in our camper and put the kids in there (Sarah when she was a baby and now Matthew). However Matthew is big and he jumps a lot. I really didn't want him in the pack and play on the couch since I thought there was a good chance he would knock it over. We bought a travel pack and play for him (shown). It is narrow so it fits perfectly in the spot for our table. At 1am he climbed out of it and was standing by our bed. He was up until 6am crying/fussing/not sleeping in his pack and play so we took it back to Babies R Us. We still need to find a better solution.

Matthew in the pack and play. Please stay in there. Please...




After our camping trip, I took the kids to my parents' house for a few days for another little vacation. My mom took the girls to the dollar store and gave them $5 to spend on whatever they wanted. This was apparently exciting because they LOVED it!

We also went to the McKinely museum and walked up 100 steps. Even Matthew walked up all 100 steps.

The next night when I read them a story before bed I read them a book about money. It explained about pennies, nickels, quarters, dollars, interest, banking, etc. I thought the book was really good for kids to understand money. At the end of the story you earn a million dollars (not for real obviously). After reading the book I asked Jenna what she would do with a million dollars. She said she would give it to the poor. How awesome is that? Sarah said she would go to the dollar store and buy a million things.  I laughed so hard at that :).

Jenna also impressed everyone with her algebra skills. I gave her the problem x+1 = 5 and asked her to solve it. She said 4 oh yea!  She can also do this with fractions!



86 points on Quiddler today!

No comments: