Saturday, June 02, 2012

My first Cupcake Wars

I've mentioned in a previous post that we watch cupcake wars every Sunday night together. I was really excited to try my own cupcake wars. Erik went to the store and bought 5 secret ingredients I had to use in two cupcake recipes. He bought:
  1. Raspberries
  2. Peanut butter
  3. Pretzel M&Ms (aka, bite sized balls of heaven)
  4. Sliced almonds
  5. Caramel topping

 
My secret ingredients
 I made two types of cupcakes. A dark chocolate pretzel cupcake with peanut butter and caramel buttercream and a raspberry almond cupcake with berry cream cheese frosting. Erik thought the peanut butter was too strong in the peanut butter buttercream. (he doesn't understand peanut butter aficionados like me, Joel, and Dan. AMIRIGHT?). The berry cupcakes were very tasty however the frosting was too sweet. I should have cut it with some lemon juice but I only had so much time.
Cupcake wars!
Overall the cupcake wars was a success although I don't know if I would call it a war. We got to eat cupcakes so it was a success to me. I look horrible in the picture - I ran 3 miles that day. Don't look at me - just look at the cupcakes and my cute Sarah.
What is this blue thing? It has been plaguing me for weeks?
The school year is wrapping up. Sarah will be entering pre-kindergarten next year although we are discussing possibly petitioning to have her start kindergarten next year. We are still debating on what to do. Based on what her preschool teachers said she is two years ahead. I don't want her to be bored.

Jenna has read all the Little House books several times. I'm running out of books for her to read. The other books at this level seem too "scary" for her. I don't want her to be bored reading the same books over and over again (I think this is the fourth time I'm reading Mistborn so maybe it's not such a bad thing).

71 points on Quiddler today

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

The blue thing is a riser for the track. Place the bricks on the ground, and rest the track on top. Hope this helps. Kimberly

Gina Cooper said...

I thought it was a riser but it was lower than the bridge we have. So it seemed too small to be a riser. I'll have to try again :). Thank you!

DVK said...

Looks like a tracker riser to me.


"Too much peanutbutter"? Just file for divorce. Save yourself the future troubles... :-P