Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Surprise tomatillos!

Erik hates running.

Erik hates swimming.

Naturally, he would register to do the next triathlon with me.

I'm not sure what he's thinking (or what I'm thinking for doing another triathlon) but he is training to do this with me. I'm excited that we can do this together!

I've posted a picture of David, Becca, and new baby Charlotte!




David, Charlotte, and Becca
 So many birthdays in June and July! Dave, Becca, and Charlotte all have birthdays in July. Me and Missy's fiance Dave have birthdays in July. My Dd and Matthew have birthdays in June. My family met to celebrate together and my Mom got this cake with batman in a batcave. We had great fun sending batman flying out of the batcave.
Our combined birthday cake
 Our garden looks spectacular! Erik had to fashion a few cages to keep the animals out of our lettuce but other than that our plants are doing really well. Unfortunately all our tomatoes are still green so we are waiting. (Impatiently I might add as I love fresh tomatoes.) The pumpkins, zucchini, and cucumbers are growing everywhere though. We've had a lot of zucchini and I made zucchini cakes (because there's only so much zucchini bread you can make). These were like crab cakes but with zucchini instead. Everyone loved them (except Matthew but he doesn't count since all he eats is mac and cheese and cashews).
Our garden amidst dead grass (oh I guess we were supposed to water the grass too)
See the picture below - our pepper plants are growing really well. However I peeked closer and noticed that they are not pepper plants (apparently my note-taking skills on the garden were lacking). These are tomatillo plants. There are a lot of tomatillos so we will be able to make green salsa and whatever else you do with tomatillos :).
tomatillo plants
 The girls have pretty much played with the legos nonstop. Here is Jenna with her lego house and lego yard. They are having a blast with the legos and I'm so glad. We are raising budding engineers!
Jenna and her lego creations
I just finished reading Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig. I loved the ending of this book better than Scarlett. It was great to see life from Rhett Butler's point of view.

I've picked up Magician: Apprentice by Raymond Feist. This series has been on my list for awhile but never got around to it. It's kind of a vanilla fantasy story but I like vanilla fantasy stories so it's a fun read.

I also got Wings of Wrath by C.S. Friedman in from the library so I'll start on that soon. It is the next book in the Magister trilogy. Of course I'm not sure when I'll get this reading done since I'm back to work again. Work gets in the way of all my reading!

66 points on Quiddler today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina, I hadn't been on your blog for awhile - the pictures you have of the children are great, and I enjoy reading your blog. Matthew's top 10 list is great!!!
love, Mom