Saturday, November 03, 2012

Miserable Halloween 2012

Jenna has 3 room mothers this year and I'm one of them. My friend Lynn is also a room mother along with another mom from the class. Jenna had her Halloween party at school last week complete with costumes, games, treats, and a craft. I was in charge of the craft so we did an apple lantern. They also played a hot potato game with a ball filled with treats and toys. As you can see, Jenna is wearing her Laura Ingalls Wilder costume. Yipee!
Jenna's class party (Jenna is front and center as Laura Ingalls Wilder)
 Sarah is wearing her unicorn costume for her Halloween party as you can see below. She was absolutely adorable in this costume!  I did not have any jobs for this party which was fine. Being a spectator is also fun!
Sarah's class listening to a story (Sarah is the unicorn)
 I tried to get them all to cooperate for a picture. Didn't happen.
Jenna trying to round up the unicorn and the duck
 So I held Matthew allowing Daddy to take a picture before trick-or-treating. Beggar's night was miserable. It was cold and rainy and absolutely miserable. I passed out candy while Erik took the kids to a few houses (not too many because they were soaked!). Of course, they still went trick-or-treating. Nothing can stop the desire to beg for candy.
Jenna, Sarah, Matthew and me before trick or treating
I had originally planned on putting Matthew in a Thomas the Tank Engine outfit but instead put him in the warm duck costume that both Jenna and Sarah wore. He did NOT like the hood.

In other news:


  • I finished the Mark of Athena (3rd book in the Heros of Olympus) and liked it. This one had a literal cliffhanger at the end of the book so I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
  • I delivered my first live lecture in one of my online classes. It went really well and I was pleased until I listened to the recording. I said "um" a million times and my voice is so mousy. Do I really sound like that? Uh...


85 points on Quiddler today.

No comments: