Monday, November 26, 2012

Cashews != Cash shoes

Thanksgiving is one of the few non-commercialized holidays. Now Black Friday has moved to Thanksgiving day. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I do know that Black Friday is a scary day and I do everything to avoid going to stores that day. Scary I say.

Anyway, we had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We had 14 people over for a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. I bought a fresh turkey from Yutzys farm market. It was probably healthier than a frozen turkey but I didn't notice much difference in the taste. Although I ate so much that day it really didn't matter.

I posted a picture of our Thanksgiving table. Erik's mom brought a festive tablecloth and I put ice cream cones to look like cornucopias (they just looked like ice cream cones - that is the extent of my creativity).  We also celebrated Christmas with my family so the kids got plenty of toys and socks and toothpaste.

Matthew is not a good eater so sometimes we just give him snacks and hope he get some nutrition. The best line of the weekend was when my Mom discovered Matthew with the open container of cashews and his foot in the container. She said "no feet in the cashews!"  I don't know how often that phrase is uttered.

Our Thanksgiving table
Sarah and her blanket

Jenna and her blanket
 The girls took a sewing class at Joann's to learn sewing by hand. They each made a beautiful blanket. Jenna did all her stitching herself but Sarah needed some help. Even so - they really loved their blankets.

Jenna and Grandpa
We had a great time playing games and spending time with the family. I went out for coffee twice with my mother-in-law and Megan and to Graeters. Basically we just ate a bunch of yummy food and played games. It was awesome!

88 points on Quiddler today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Matthew listened to me when I yelled at him. Nana