Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sarah's unicorn party

On Saturday Sarah had a unicorn birthday party. They decorated cupcakes, did a craft, colored and played games. The kids had a great time. You can see Sarah and Matthew "cooking" with me before the party. They love getting messy.
Matthew and Sarah cooking
 Sarah's party was a hit and she was excited about her new toys. We played a fishing game where Erik sat under a card table and the kids took a fishing pole and "fished" for prizes. The fishing pole was a stick with a string and clothespin attached. They LOVED this game. Later Jenna gave it away that Daddy was under the table but it was still fun.
Sarah's 5th unicorn birthday party
 After the party we found someone eating all the leftover cupcakes!
After party sweets
 On Sunday our church had the annual Christmas smorgasboard. There were several tables of food and we all ate until we were stuffed. The kids performed a great Christmas program. You can see Jenna in the back but Sarah is hiding behind another little girl. The kids sang "Happy Birthday Jesus" and "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". It was adorable! Here is a video of the kids. You can see Sarah bopping to the music towards the end. The older kids put on two plays. One was a family feud game and the other was the Christmas story. The whole program was really good.
Church Christmas program
In other news:

  1. I am taking Krav Maga. This is a type of martial arts at which I am exceedingly bad. I have taken 5 classes so far though so maybe I should not give up so soon.
  2. Our coo* book club is reading the final Mistborn novel. I really love this series and am excited we are reading the final book.
  3. I finished Silverthorn the 3rd book in the Riftwar Saga and am now on A Darkness at Sethanon. Each book gets better and I am enjoying this one.
  4. Jenna is on the third book in the Rose trilogy by Beverly Lewis. She has really enjoyed reading these books even though they are adult level. She amazes me at her reading ability!
  5. Erik bought some under armor clothes for his tough mudder run in April (cold!!) and went running today. He really likes the shirt he wore even though it was pricey.
  6. My semester is just finishing up this week. I'm loving my database class! Next session I'm teaching advanced C++. I've only taught this class online so I'm excited to teach it onsite.
63 points on quiddler online

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said Matthew does not eat. He is eating icing and cupcakes. He just does not want to eat what you want him to eat. Nana