Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Requirements

Summer is in full swing. Jenna told me that every week she wants to go to the pool, the zoo, and take a family bike ride. This week we did all those things! So far so good. 

Things have gotten a little exciting for me also. I found out on Thursday that I'll be teaching a new class - the intro C++ class. I've taught the advanced C++ class several times but never the intro class. Normally I have more time, but I only have a week to develop the labs and lectures. Crossing my fingers I can do it in time. Then today I also found out I have another online class. So my summer just got kicked up a few notches in busyness. Hopefully Jenna will understand if I can't do those 3 things every week.

Yummy corn
At the zoo, Jenna wanted to do the pony ride. Normally I say no because that's the kind of Mom I am (mean) but I was in a money-spending mood (I'm actually normally in this mood) so I said yes. I bought a ticket for all 3 kids. What was I thinking? Putting Matthew by himself on a horhey (his word for horsey) all by himself? Well all 3 kids LOVED the pony ride. Including Matthew. Afterwards he kept saying "Mattmoo horhey". He wanted another ride.



The kids took swimming lessons this week and really enjoyed it. Sarah and Matthew were in the same class and Jenna was in an older kids class. All 3 of them went to the diving board for the last day. Sarah and Matthew were lowered into the water while Jenna was left to jump herself (she turned around and walked back down). Next time Jenna can jump off.
Matthew jumping off the diving board

Sarah jumping off the diving board and Jenna on the other diving board
My parents took the kids Thursday so Erik and I had all Friday to ourselves. We worked all day (I actually finished my grading early!) then went to see Man of Steel. The movie was great and it was nice to be on a date. Then we went to Starbucks and sipped our lattes free of worry and screaming kids. It was bliss.

On Saturday morning we planned a bike ride. After about 2 miles Erik's tire blew and it was as loud as a gunshot. So we walked the bikes back. At least we were only 2 miles away.

Then we went to my parents house for a big birthday party. We celebrated my Dad's, Matthew's, mine, and David's birthdays all at once.

Matthew successfully blew out the candle. He will get his wishes of always driving in the car, riding bikes, playing with playhouses, cars, and trains, and never taking a nap. Ha!

62 points on Quiddler today



No comments: