Sunday, June 02, 2013

The secret to the best smores

I have discovered the most important camping secret in the world.  Smores with reeses cups. Seriously. Could anything be better?

This weekend we went to Alum Creek state park for a great weekend with the Brubakers. On Friday evening we had chicken kabobs. I put peppers, chicken and pineapple on kabobs and precooked them. We just warmed them by the fire for a quick dinner. Then we made smores with reeses cups. I never thought smores could be improved but I stand corrected.
All of us at Alum Creek Camper Beach
 On Saturday, Alum Creek had several activities and we went to almost all of them. In the morning the kids played at the playground, then we went fishing. Sarah caught 3 fish! All of the fish kept eating Jenna's worms off of her hook but we all still had fun. Lucas and Nate caught fish as well but they were done fishing long before my girls wanted to stop. The kids also went to a leeches and worms activity and a frogs and tadpoles activity. They were so exhausted by the end of the day. More smores for me. That's the kind of Mom I am.
Sitting by the fire acting like puppies

Sarah and her fish (bottom right by her skirt)

The kids fishing
Both nights we had huge thunderstorms but our camper kept us dry. We had a fabulous time and a nice relaxing weekend.

75 on Quiddler today

No comments: