Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Count your blessings

I often listen to sermons when I mow the lawn, clean, and sometimes when I run. One sermon I was listening to talked about counting your blessings. The pastor said, "how often do you sit down and count your blessings. List out what you are thankful for." I did just that. It took 2 pages front and back and I still wasn't done. There are so many things to be thankful for. Thanksgiving reminds us of this, but it is a good attitude to have all year long.
A present under the tree
I'm thankful that my parents watched the kids on Friday so Erik and I could go to a fancy restaurant Vittoria and see Catching Fire. This movie just made me more excited to see the next movie. Although I'm hoping they deviate from the book since I wasn't a fan.

Another thing to be thankful for is my husband.  Lately he has been getting up with the kids in the morning. Since I go to bed much later than him every night - I'm thankful for this! This is not the only thing about Erik I'm thankful for but sometimes it's the small things that add up to big things. He is a very giving person who is always willing to make sacrifices for us.

I'm thankful for my kids. Lately they have been asking to do chores so much. Today I was a little annoyed that they kept asking to do chores. Seriously?? Who gets annoyed their kids want to do chores??

I'm thankful for my job. It's amazing I can work a full time job from home and love what I do.

There are so many things to be thankful for. This is my tiny list, but as I said I wrote a lot.

Count your blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a cute present under the tree. Nana