Friday, December 13, 2013

My favorite Christmas presents

Crafts at Sarah's party
On Wednesday we had Sarah's birthday party at our house. 11 kids all running around crazy. It was a great time. Last year and this year we did a game called the "fishing game". We set up a card table with a blue sheet over it. Then made a fishing pole using a clothespin to catch the fish. Erik folds himself up and squishes under the table with a bowl of candy. The kids fish over the side to see what they get. They LOVE this game! Of course, some of them always want to see where the candy comes from and walk to the other side. They see Erik under the table and say "There's someone under there!" 


The fishing game

Sarah and her cake
 We had our last ballet class of the year tonight. The girls have also just started gymnastics. Matthew will start soccer in January. I'm so happy I can be home in the evenings so the kids can do more activities. We were always hesitant to commit to too many things. Erik is still hesitant.  Matthew is currently taking We Joy Sing, and he really loves it. But in the winter time, he will enjoy running around at soccer (it is indoors).
Sarah at ballet, Matthew peeking in the doorway

Jenna's ballet dance
In other news:

  1. Yesterday Matthew said "I love you Mommy." That was the best Christmas present (Erik would say having him potty trained would be the best). Last year at this time he said about 10-15 words. Thank you Lord!
  2. I was very wrong when I said the Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley was not gripping. I can not put this book down. I love it! I'm almost finished. The book is told from the viewpoint of Morgaine (Morgan Le Fey in many Arthur stories) and shows the reasons behind her decisions. It is excellent and the characters are well developed.
  3. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to our new cat Twinkles. I've been taking claritin but I'm still stuffy. Hopefully over time I'll get used to her. 
  4. If I were to order my favorite races in Warcraft 3 I would list: Orc, Human, Night Elf, Undead. I must not be sophisticated enough to play Undead.
  5. Jenna went to her first concert The Story Tour on Monday. She loved it!! The concert had many famous Christian artists (including Natalie Grant my favorite!) and told the story of the Bible. 
  6. Since going to France I have been making all of our bread and we have tried to cut out preservatives. We also have tried cutting out artificial color but that proves to be very difficult. Then last night we decorated cookies and we all ate a TON of artificial color. So we might lose that fight.
  7. 71 points on Quiddler today

No comments: