Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Church Christmas program

Tis the season of Christmas parties and holiday eating. It really is the best time of year. Our church had their annual Christmas smorgasboard and Kids program. The kids sang 4 songs: Hark the Herald Angels Sing, I'm getting nothing for Christmas, Do you hear what I hear, and Happy Birthday Jesus. They did a fantastic job - although I did a terrible job of taking pictures. Jenna is right below the label in the picture and Sarah is standing on the step below her. The girls really belted out the songs, especially Happy Birthday Jesus. They will sing that one on Christmas eve too. The older kids did a skit and a flash mob. I love our church!
Our annual Gingerbread house

The kids Christmas Program

The kids Christmas program from a different angle


We decorated our annual Gingerbread house. Matthew mostly ate the candy but Jenna and Sarah had fun decorating. It's probably why he looks distraught in the picture - he can't eat any more candy. Matthew is also doing well with potty training. I see the light at the end of the tunnel - no more diapers! Yipee!!

We are so excited that Dave, Becca, and Charlotte will be here for Christmas. The kids have gone bonkers with excitement at seeing their cousin. It will be fun to have them here and coerce them to play games with us and do cooking competitions.  My mother-in-law is healing well from her knee replacement although she has been very tired. We will all be at our house for a big party. Or something like that.

During Dave and Becca's visit we will not be doing our Focus T25 workout we have been doing the past month. I really like this workout, however, this break is actually a good thing since my ankle has been hurting quite a bit from twisting it on one of the exercises. The time off will allow me to heal. Injuries like this make me feel old. Wait, where did I leave my walker?


No comments: