Sunday, January 05, 2014

Hope and Artichoke

Every once in a while I like to take each of my kids out on a Mommy date. I will take them to Starbucks or Tim Hortons for a treat and one on one time with Mommy. I ask them what their hopes and dreams are and if there is anything they are concerned about. The responses of each of my 3 children is very different:

Mommy: Jenna, what are your hopes and dreams?
Jenna: I hope that I can get the time thing that Hermione had so I can skip through time to get my ears pierced then skip through more time so I can be done with third grade. I just want to be in fourth grade, I hate multiplication tests.

Mommy: Sarah, what are your hopes and dreams?
Sarah: Once I dreamed I ate breakfast, then it seemed like I ate two breakfasts

Mommy: Matthew, what are your hopes and dreams?
Matthew: Light broken...booboo light... need a ice pack

They all have different hopes and dreams.

Something I'd like to do in the new year is try new foods. We tend to eat the same meals so I thought it would be fun to try a new food every week. Amanda and I came up with the idea to try a new food corresponding to a letter of the alphabet each week. So this week is A and we are eating artichokes and apples. No - apples is not a new food. I made the list but Erik decided that I would get to choose one food and he would get to choose one food. So we didn't just eat artichokes and arugula.

Anyway - if you'd like to see our awesome list here is the link.

We can start tomorrow - school is already canceled so we will eat artichokes!!

My score on Quiddler today was a miserable 8. The letters were pretty hard today with few vowels.





No comments: