Thursday, January 23, 2014

Jenna's Bling!

Jenna has been diligently making her bed every day for the past month and a half. This was her chore to show us that she is responsible enough to take care of earrings if she gets her ears pierced. She made a chore chart for herself and checked off each day until her birthday. On January 20 we headed to Claire's at the mall to get her ears pierced. She was so excited!


Jenna and her bling
 Then we went to Olive Garden with Grandma and Grandpa since January 20 is Grandpa's birthday too. Olive Garden is Jenna's current favorite restaurant.  After dinner we all headed back home for some chocolate blackout cake. I made a 3 layer rich chocolate cake and dark chocolate frosting. Yum!
Happy Birthday Grandpa and Jenna
 So Jenna and Grandpa had a pretty good birthday.

Erik and I really dislike the wire shelves we have in all of our closets. Everything seems to fall over and then we have maple syrup dripping onto our flour and chocolate chips. Chocolate chip pancakes anyone? So he went to a craft store and bought foam board to put on the shelves then topped them with contact paper. It was a relatively simple solution but the shelves are much more stable. I know our pantry is messy but you can somewhat see the foam board on our shelves.
Shelves!
Since so  many of my students want to program games (they have no idea what they are in for!) I have modified some of my examples so that they are games. I'm pretty excited about some of the games I've made and now am brainstorming more games my students can write themselves. Like a dungeon game with monsters, tic tac, toe, hangman, but I also want to work on games like Tetris or Settlers of Catan. Those might be fun to implement in C++.

82 points on Quiddler today. 

No comments: