Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Candy




Since we went to Rome during lent I was unable to sample their delicous candy fare. So Erik and I waited until today to taste the array of candies we got from Rome.
I've posted pictures of the candy that I got from Rome. Most of the candy had a hazelnut/chocolate combination. The kinder bueno white, kinder bueno ricco di latte, and duplo were filled with hazelnut cream. Mars delight was filled with flakes, tronky had a crunchy outside and was filled with hazelnuts in a chocolate cream. Kinder maxi was filled with white chocolate. Magnum infinity was filled with chocolate and hazelnuts, Cuneesi Rum (small round candy) was filled with dark chocolate and rum. Finally kinder sorpresa was egg shaped and contained a toy inside (see picture).

Erik and I rated the candy as follows. Gina's rating:
  1. Magnum infinity
  2. Duplo
  3. Mars delight
  4. Kinder Ricco
  5. Kinder white
  6. Tronky
  7. Cuneesi
  8. Kinder surprise
  9. Kinder maxi
Erik rated them:
  1. Cuneesi
  2. Magnum infinity
  3. Mars delight
  4. Duplo
  5. Kinder Ricco
  6. Tronky
  7. Kinder white
  8. Kinder surprise
  9. Kinder maxi
So now you know what candy to buy if you ever go to Rome. It seems that hazelnuts to the Italians is like peanut butter to Americans.

We were celebrating by eating the candy since I was accepted to the FIE conference in Milwaukee, WI on Oct. 10-13. Yipee!!! I'm so happy :). We also celebrated by going out to Red Lobster tonight -yum!

Since I can't post without some pictures or videos of Jenna, here's a video of her making soup for Dada.

I also have to post my Quiddler score: 79 points. I did make the word "earing". Which I am surprised I was allowed to make. I thought the word was "earring". Oh well :)

2 comments:

Joel said...

Grats on getting accepted to the conference! That's groovy! But you know, you should make them move the conference to the other side of Wisconsin, then you'd be closer! :) But, alas, you'll be about 5 hours away. What's with that? :)

Oh, and of course:

Mmmmm..... chocolate.....

Ryan Dotson said...

woohoo! congratulations, gina!