Monday, April 23, 2007

"She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a servicable substitute for wit" W. Somerset Maugham

Quotes I love them!!
One English teacher (long, long ago) said using quotes at the beginning of a paper is a way to capture your audience. I took that to heart and start every paper with a quote. Now I just need to find one for my dissertation...

I love quotes!
Quotes can be perfect at different times too. I love this one for inspiration:
"I have learned to hold all things loosely, so God will not have to pry them out of my hands" ~Corrie Ten Boom
for knowledge:
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go".
~Dr. Seuss
And for fun:
"It's a moo point. You know, like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter".
~Joey Tribbiani (Friends)

All my vast readership :) what are your favorite quotes. I've started a quote book and want to fill it up. Give me some quotes!!

68 points on Quiddler. I got to make wist though!

3 comments:

Erik said...

One of my favorites is from Galileo: I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

Ryan Dotson said...

'Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.' - Ernest Hemingway

and, OF COURSE:

'It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.' - Douglas Adams

i can't help myself, one more from DNA: 'Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.'

Joel said...

You have missed one of the most important quotes in human history. Tisk.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet