Monday, April 02, 2007

Easter Eggs and Go Bucks




The weather has been beautiful and it is a perfect time for Easter Egg hunts! We had an Easter party at our house with Jenna, Nicholas, Kael, Mclaine (not pictured - she's only 6mos old), Avery and Emma. They had a great time searching for eggs filled with hershey kisses all around our house. On Sunday, April Fools Day, we had a neighborhood Egg hunt. The Easter bunny showed up too. She kept saying "Eeter bunny hides eggs". So cute!! I didn't play any practical jokes on Erik. Instead I read this list of the top April Fools Jokes of all time. There are some pretty funny ones. My favorite is the taco liberty bell :).

Currently we are watching the Buckeyes playing Florida for the NCAA basketball championship. They are now losing but I know the Buckeyes, we can come back. I can't believe we played Florida for both football and basketball. I want us to win one of them at least :).

In other news:
  1. I am almost finished with the Belgariad. I'm in book 5 of 5 and this series is Awesome! Someday I'll reorder my booklist and it will be high.
  2. April 16! That is the day I find out if I am accepted to the Frontiers in Education conference with my paper on the Bioinformatics curriculum I wrote. The conference will be held in Wisconsin. Cheese....yum.
  3. Less than a week and I'll get to eat candy again. That was a good thing to give up for lent. Tough, but good.
  4. I'm working hard on my ASP.NET course next session. I've taught the course using ASP but moving to ASP.NET is a big change. Just one small . and a NET :).
  5. I got 12 points today on Quiddler but that was partly because there were only 3 vowels!

The reason for Easter:
"then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved" ~ Acts 4:10, 12

No comments: