Monday, August 20, 2007

D&D fun!





This weekend we spent Saturday creating dungeons and dragons characters. I've never played before and as my first experience, it was a lot of fun. Jon, the dungeon master had notebooks and snacks for everyone. He and his wife Michelle made bags with cheese wheels, beef jerky, homemade loaves of bread and apples. Just what you need on a trek through the wilderness. Hello!!! Where's the chocolate :).
We made characters and I made a Cleric named Christabel. I took the name from the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind and I liked it. A cleric is a healer. So I'll be helping people instead of hurting them - I guess. Here are all the characters (hopefully spelled correctly!):
  • Erik = Rogue named Caed
  • Gina = Cleric named Christabel
  • Michelle C. = Monk named Kieryn
  • Mike = Ranger named Tiraxyss (an extra s for emphasis!)
  • Jen = Druid named Erith (I think!)
  • Aaron = Wizard named Kesal
  • Michelle H. = Barbarian named Drusan
  • Matt = Cleric named Bogg (the extra g is also for emphasis)

So this should be a good group. We only had one combat but I can tell it's going to be fun. We scheduled another meeting and a trip to the Renaissance Fair. I can't wait! During all of this (and this was all day), Jenna was very good. In fact, she plastered herself with stickers. I am not sure why she loves stickers so much but she does. I have included a picture of her plastered with stickers. She is so cute.

Today as I turned my back to make no bake cookies I noticed all my kitchen towels were gone. I found Jenna on the floor with the kitchen towels. They had become beds for her aminals (no I did not spell it wrong, that's how she says it). Share bear, Tenderheart bear and tigger were all taking naps. How nice!

I got 71 points today at quiddler and was stuck with the letter W, but I got to make the word gyp. I didn't even know that was a word!

1 comment:

Joel said...

I am somewhat jealous of the D&D fun. I've never played it before, but I'm sure it would be good fun.

I'm also impressed that there are actually 4 women in the world who will play D&D. :)