Saturday, September 13, 2008

Munch on Lunch

Since Jon is always posting his and Michelle's awesome bento lunches, I thought I'd post my lunch. This is my usual lunch: peanut butter honey toast with bananas on it and yummy yogurt which consists of yogurt topped with craisins and honey. For dessert I eat half a bar of dark chocolate every day - super yum! Then Sarah has a delicious jar of babyfood. Jenna's lunch is a little more unique. I gave her a container of yogurt and she requested a bowl of cheezits. So I gave her that too. She dumped the yogurt in the cheezits then asked for some mixed nuts. She dumped that in the concoction as well. She did eat the whole bowl. Yum?

My mom brought me some green beans from her garden. So I layered them in a casserole with some carmelized onions, cherry tomatoes, and fresh grated parmesan cheese. YUM! (that was an actual yum unlike Jenna's cheezit yogurt yum). Of course, I added a lot more cheese after it baked but it was very yummy.

The big game is tonight and we are all pumped. Go Bucks! I dressed the girls in their cute buckeye cheerleader outfits and Erik and I were all decked out too. I hope we win.

In other news:
  1. I've finished this round of rewrites and sent my dissertation off again. I'm hoping I graduate before 2011 as that is when my courses will not count anymore (since it will have been 10 years).
  2. I'm reading two books on evolution: "Biology through the Eyes of Faith" by Richard Wright PhD and "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Intelligent Design and Darwinism" by Jonathan Wells PhD. I've been studying evolution for quite some time and my entire research is based on evolutionarily similar proteins, so I want to study this subject so that I can explain my opinion using faith and science. I'll get back to you on it :). I plan on watching Expelled sometime soon too (whenever I get it from the library).
  3. I got 67 on Quiddler today.
  4. Erik and I have a dream to own a castle bed-and-breakfast one day. We have stayed at Ravenwood and enjoyed it and plan on staying at other castle bed-and-breakfast establishments over time (there aren't that many). However I think it would be incredibly fun to own a bed and breakfast (I love to make food for people and breakfast food is the best!) and Erik wants to live in a castle. Whether or not this dream will come true - who knows?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now those are some cute Buckeye cheerleaders!

~Miss