Monday, September 22, 2008

Renfest!

Last Saturday, we ventured to the Ohio Renaissance Festival to pretend we live in medieval times. It's such a cute little village and I enjoy going every year. This year I was able to dress up unlike last year when I was pregnant. Erik wore a tunic (and period sunglasses - really, they had sunglasses back then!) and chain mail, Jenna and Sarah wore medieval princess dresses, and I wore my blue lady dress which Erik thinks is smokin' hot!

We had excellent fun on the rides, Jenna on a pony ride, and watching the shows including full armored jousting. The food was great and although it was hot - we had a blast. We also captured pictures of our friends: Aaron and Michele, Jon and Michelle, Kristan, and Eric, Justin, and Lily Near. Lily is 4 days younger than Sarah!









In other news we are going camping this weekend to Amish country. I can't wait! Hopefully we will be filled with cheese and goodies when we come back.
I have recently had a hunger to study more about God and am reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver, The Organic God by Margaret Feinberg, Battlefield of the Mind (still) by Joyce Meyer, and 12 Reasons why we Overeat by Joyce Meyer. I know why I like to overeat: I like food. The end. That book should be short - really, what else is there?
While reading through fantasy literature sites, I stumbled upon a site listing the 5 greatest fantasy series. They included: Sword of Shannara (very good), Sword of Truth (great), Wheel of Time (excellent), Song of Ice and Fire (rockin'), and Thomas Covenant (huh???). I think I should give Thomas Covenant another shot.
Got 79 in Quiddler today. Terrible showing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a good time. In case you were wondering, I did find my family and we successfully made it home. :)

Have fun in Amish country - we're making a trip to Lancaster, PA next summer for my family reunion. I've never been there.

Joel said...

Someday, maybe I'll be in OH around that time and can go. It's always looked like good fun!