Monday, November 10, 2008

Goals

D&D buddies came to visit on Saturday and we all had a good time. I'm sporting my i (be rational) pi (get real) shirt which is totally funny! Aaron and Michele are next to me, and next to them is Matt. Although we always call Matt Bogg since that's his character's name. Jenna even called him Bogg - how cute! Jon is wearing his Thriller shirt and looking mighty svelte! And Michelle was wearing a cute bento shirt but you can't see it.


Jon has a list of 43 things he would like to do - I guess they are goals. My other friend Kimberly also has a list but hers is 101 things she would like to do in 1 year. And she tracks her progress on her blog. Her goals are measurable which I like but I don't want to keep track of 101 things for an entire year. I think I might spend all year keeping track of my goals! So to simplify things for myself yet still get on the goal bandwagon, I'm going to work on 25 goals for 100 days. I started yesterday, which means my goal time period will last until Feb. 15. I'm keeping track of this in Excel (obviously) so that I can easily calculate my progress.

Here are my goals:
  1. Go to bed by 11pm (50 out of 100 days)
  2. Read 2 fiction books
  3. Read 1 nonfiction book
  4. Read 1 journal paper
  5. Lose 5 lbs
  6. Exercise (30 out of 100 days - 30min)
  7. Pray at abortion clinic on Fridays (12 times)
  8. Go on 3 dates with husband
  9. Go on 2 mommy dates with Jenna
  10. Write in journal (80 out of 100 days)
  11. Do Iron Chef
  12. Try 3 new vegetables
  13. Memorize 1 verse per week (15 verses)
  14. Read to kids besides bedtime (45 out of 100 days)
  15. Clean desk 3 times
  16. Take Stats or Graphics design course
  17. Have girls movie night
  18. Learn something new about GIMP
  19. Serve dinner at Faith Mission
  20. Take a Pilates class
  21. Try 10 new recipes
  22. Level my EQ2 character 2 levels
  23. Do 3 things for my secret sister (mommy group)
  24. Paint master bathroom
  25. Write conference/journal paper
So this is my list. I'll keep you updated on how I'm doing. I really wanted to add "Learn one song on the guitar" but Erik doesn't want me to play right now. Maybe I'll save that goal for later.
Had to post this cute picture of Jenna pushing Sarah in the laundry basket. They were actually playing!
Went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have pneumonia. Great! Let's hope no one else gets sick from me.
BTW, I got 78 on Quiddler and made the word floaty. I really didn't think it would let me do floaty but it did!

1 comment:

Joel said...

#22 is certainly the most important.