Saturday, February 07, 2009

Quilting Bees and Bugs

Erik's Aunt Shelby is a master quilter. She makes lots of quilts and even teaches quilting classes. I asked her to make matching purple quilts for Jenna and Sarah and got so much more than I had imagined. These quilts are absolutely beautiful and so intricate. Everytime you look at it you see something new. On Jenna's quilt, her name is sewn on it as well as several lady bugs. Sarah's quilt has her name along with bumble bees. Aunt Shelby made wall hangings for both girls, pillow shams, the beautiful quilts, a play quilt for Jenna's dolls, a princess crown wall hanging, a J and an S pillow, and a "Minkie bear" toy for Sarah. I wish I could show the intricacy of these quilts but it is hard to show with these pictures. They are incredible!
So Jenna got to sleep tonight with her new quilt. She was very excited and pointed out all the images on the quilt. We do plan on getting bunk beds for the girls - and now they will have matching quilts!

Four year olds really do see the world differently from adults. We tend to take things for granted but Jenna doesn't. For example, yesterday while eating cereal, Jenna asked what made the K special? (we were eating Special K). I don't really know the answer to that question. I guess it is a more special letter than J?

I'm getting closer to my goal. On Wednesday I played racquetball with Erik and scored 7 points! So I lost 7-15 but I'm getting closer! If I can win at racquetball or railroad tycoon then he will take me out to the cheesecake factory. I'm not sure if I'll win at either but I'll keep trying.
I got 70 on Quiddler today! Quiddler is located at http://www.setgame.com/quiddler/puzzle_frame.htm see if you can beat my lame score!







No comments: