Saturday, February 14, 2009

Was blind but now I see


I had my Lasik done yesterday by TLC, the company who fixed Tiger Wood's eyes. The procedure itself was short, weird, and unpleasant. It did not hurt, however I did feel a lot of pressure. On the way home, my eyes were burning and I wanted to claw them out. That was not entirely pleasant either. We got home and I laid in bed for a few hours while tears streamed down my face. I couldn't sleep but could listen to my MP3 player - yea for audiobooks!

In a few hours though I felt better and today I feel great. And the best news of all is that I can see!! I can see my alarm clock in the morning. I can stand in the kitchen and see the leaves on the plant in the living room, and the panels on the door and the clock across the room. I can see!
My eyes are all puffy, red, and bloody (I look pretty yucky) but I can see!!! This is totally awesome. And I feel 100% even though the surgery was 24 hours ago.
One thing I'm sad about is that I can not play sports for 2 weeks after getting lasik. This is a bummer as Erik and I discovered a new sport that we love. We love SQUASH!! We have had difficulty reserving racquetball courts as they seem to always be reserved. The squash courts right next to the racquetball courts are not reserved that often so we decided to play it. Wow!! It is amazing!! I feel like I am more competitive at squash and that Erik and I have more fun. In racquetball, sometimes the returns would go over my head, and even though I have a huge 1/8 inch vertical leap, sometimes I can't hit the return. Thus I miss the volley unless I turn around and hit it off the back wall with limited success. In squash the ball doesn't bounce as much, so I'm able to volley more often. The court is shorter, which also helps me (not because I'm short), and there is a minimum line that you must hit balls above on the wall. This prevents kill shots. Erik and I seem to be more evenly matched at this game since it is more about endurance than height and reach. I can't wait to play it again!
82 on quiddler today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay lasik!

Excited to see you next weekend!

~MISS

Joel said...

I am so jealous. :) I would love to get that done. Maybe over the next few years. Assuming my vision isn't messed up beyond repair. :)

Joel said...

I've also never played squash before, or racquetball for that matter. I bet both would be good fun!