Saturday, February 21, 2009

Justice

On Wednesday me and two of my friends got together for a night of prayer to stop human trafficking. The sex slave industry has been growing exponentially and many women even children are enslaved. Even in Columbus there are children being trafficked. Here are a few websites for more information: http://www.ijm.org/ and http://www.humantrafficking.org/
Many people feel removed from it since it seems so far away in places like Thailand, Haiti, Russia, etc. However it can happen anywhere. I just read The Sacred Bath about a woman in a middle class family who was a victim of sex slavery. Many of these women are forced to have abortions too - and that also angers me!

Yesterday at the abortion clinic though was awesome! One of the nurses (who are generally very hostile to us) came and picked up some tracts. What she will do with them, who knows? But she picked them up and took them inside -yea!

My family is coming to visit for the weekend so I made a lasagna and a caramel cake for Erik's birthday. While making the lasagna, Sarah got ahold of the spoon (and proceeded to make a mess!). See picture. The frosting on the caramel cake is awesome!! 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup light brown sugar melted in a saucepan then add 1/4 cup milk until it boils. Remove from heat and add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1tsp vanilla extract. This was fabulous!! For Erik's birthday I got him 2 books and 2 games. I got him The Death Ship of Dartmouth by Michael Jecks, the BBook of Geek from a website we like bbspot.com, the Seinfeld Scene it Game that I'd like to play when Joel comes to visit this summer, and the Railroad tycoon video game. I think he will like all these games but I don't see him read much. Maybe I'll read the books for him.

Just one note about lasik. It is a miracle! I wake up and can see. I am free of contacts and glasses. I really LOVE it! The recovery time was so quick and I feel awesome. I love seeing :). We even played squash last night since the doctor said it was okay to play!

52 points on Quiddler today. There was a Q and I just couldn't use it!

1 comment:

Joel said...

I would most definitely be up for Seinfeld Scene-It! I've always wanted to play that. Too bad I don't have the series on DVD so I can make myself as ready as possible!. :)