Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bugs, Monkeys, and God's provision

I'm absolutely in love with this bug pancake pan from Nordicware. Can you imagine making cute little lady bug pancakes? How cool is that? Too bad it is $35! It's putting me in the mood to make pancakes. I'm pretty much always in the mood to make pancakes though.

We walked to Handels ice cream from our house on Saturday which was a 4 mile round trip walk. We pulled the girls in the wagon and they actually enjoyed it. Of course we had to bring wipes because Sarah spilled ice cream all over everything, and we made the mistake of getting Jenna an ice cream cone (messy!!).

On Friday night we put the girls to bed at Tim and Jen's house so we could game. Sarah crawled out of the pack and play 3 times. This morning, I found her straddling the top of the crib trying to climb out to the changing table. Sarah = Monkey. Incidentally, monkeys and gorillas are her favorite animal. We have given her the nickname bumblebee but maybe she needs a different one...

On a more serious note, I must share a prayer experience that I had with Jenna's preschool teacher. As a little background, Miss Jessica had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. She has gone through clomid, invitro fertilization, and multiple other procedures that she told me about that I don't remember. It has been a difficult two years and she had become depressed. She knew I was praying for her. At one point, she told me it's all she can do to get through the day. Poor Miss Jessica. About a month ago, I went to Jenna's spring teacher conference. After the conference, I got in my car and put the key in the ignition to go home. However, God said I needed to go pray for her. So I left the car and went back in and asked Miss Jessica if I could pray for her. I prayed for her and she said she felt something. I found that interesting but went home and didn't think much about it. A week later when I dropped off Jenna at preschool she said she needed to talk to me privately. She said, "I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!". We both started crying! Praise God for this miracle! I was the first person she told besides her husband. She said "thank you for being obedient and coming back to pray for me." Wow. Sometimes God amazes me with his wonderful provision.

On a much less serious note - I got 58 on Quiddler today and made the word lathe! cool word :)

No comments: