Monday, June 15, 2009

Kissing Goats and Joel's feet

Everytime Joel leaves we are saddened and reminded about how far apart we live. Joel arrived Wednesday night and just left a few hours ago. We had a fabulous time with him and Mom and Dad Cooper visiting. We played several games (yes, Erik won Railroad Tycoon - but I won Stafarers of Catan - no cheesecake factory for me though!) including Seinfeld Scene-It which was a thorough butt-kicking by Joel. I think he's memorized every Seinfeld episode.

On Friday we all went to the zoo. It was a perfect day and we really had the opportunity to see a lot of animals. I've been taking the girls to the zoo once a week lately as it's a fun trip and they love it. This time, with Uncle Joel, Gramma and Grampa, and Daddy it was much more fun! Gramma even caught a picture of Sarah kissing a goat. Obviously she has baaaaaaaaad taste (haha!).

At the zoo, we rode the train and Sarah did her gorilla impersonation. Sometime I'll have to get a video - it is TOO funny.
Joel and I also had great fun writing limericks to each other. Mine reflected on Joel's smelly feet and he wrote about my height (not sure why as I am NOT SHORT).
We also got a picture of Sarah sitting on Joel's legs. You will notice the size of Joel's feet as compared to Sarah. I think Joel's feet are 0.95 Sarah's and sometimes emanate the same odors.
The girls loved having the visitors here and we got Graeters ice cream twice!
My reading progress:
  1. Lords of Sargoff - While Joel was visiting, I read his book for the second time and enjoyed it! I'm impressed that he created a world and characters for this fantasy novel. I edited it somewhat with minor changes. Hopefully he will get it published soon.
  2. Black Unicorn - this is getting good! I'm starting to like Terry Brooks very much and if I ever recreated my top favorite authors he would move up considerably. This series is better than Sword of Shannara.
  3. Shaman's Crossing. Wow - Robin Hobb! Why have I never read her work before? The story is good but the writing is fantastic! She is a good writer and I'm enjoying this series.
  4. The Shack - haven't really gotten into this one. I'll read it more later I'm sure :).
  5. Not for Sale - This is a nonfiction book about human trafficking. It is a difficult book to read but I'm almost finished with it.
  6. Illearth War - Yes... I picked up the Thomas Covenant series again. I must be really bored.
98 points on Quiddler and I learned that "quire" is a word!








No comments: