Thursday, June 25, 2009

Games!


Today Sarah and I went to the Origins Game Convention at the Convention Center downtown. It was unbelievably cool. Of course I wore my awesome math t-shirt (pictured, although that's not me wearing it). This gaming convention was filled with everything from D&D to cthulhu to rpgs to magic to zomies to swords to board games and more!
There were tables with board games set out for people to play. I wished I had more time - I would have joined them :). There were hundreds of board games there that all looked so interesting. There was even a celebrity there - the creator of the Star Wars game that Joel plays!
It was an interesting time at which I looked odd as a mother pushing a stroller. Some of the people there didn't know what to think of me (I could tell) until I started talking their vocabulary *smile*.
Even though there was a plethora of games there - I chose to buy an expansion for Railroad tycoon called Rails of England. I also bought Roll Through the Ages a strategy game and Last Word a family word game. Games were 25% off so I probably should have bought more. I certainly found neat games - ones I had never seen before and some that were $70!
In other news, Sarah has officially climbed out of her crib. She turned 18 months two days ago. Erik thinks her DNA somehow was spliced with monkey DNA, or that we got the wrong child. Why do we have an extroverted, athletic child who loves dogs??? This confuses me. We removed the side from her crib so she can get out whenever she wants. Wonderful.
Tomorrow we leave for camping - yea!
69 points on Quiddler today. I would have had 93 if it let me use the word "tivo". That is a word!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that babies are perfectly normal at ren fairs but not at Origins? How cool was it that you took Sarah.

We hit the 18 month mark today. This is going to be fun, right... right? :)

Gina Cooper said...

Surprisingly there are a lot more kids at Renfest than at Origins. Will you be able to come up for Renfest this year? Sarah and Lily can play :).