Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Football players and Smorgasbords

It's been an interesting week at the Cooper household.

On Saturday, Jenna, Sarah and I went to a birthday party for Jesus at New Hope Church (Jenna's preschool). It was a huge event and we were put in a room with 3 year olds. Sarah was one of the youngest kids there. The room leader, Beth also had a daughter who was 21 months and a son who is 4 so we talked about our kids. She said her husband would be coming shortly with their daughter.

Jenna and Sarah and I were sitting in the sanctuary when her husband came in and sat down next to me. He was very tall and friendly. I talked to him quite a bit. We chatted, I sniffed Sarah's bottom, we joked about terrible twos, we ate pizza together, we did crafts at the same table, Sarah fell on him.....then I looked at his daughter's name tag. I knew that Craig Krenzel went to that church but didn't think I would be so blind as to be sitting next to him all day and not know it was him (especially since I was sniffing Sarah's diaper). I went home and searched online.

Yup. It was him.

I loved his wife! I talked to her quite a bit and she seemed like someone who could be my friend, except that she's Craig Krenzel's wife so I don't know why she'd be my friend.

Anyway, that was an interesting day. Craig Krenzel = important football player.

On Sunday our church had the Christmas smorgasbord and children's program. Jenna sang in the program and was very excited to participate. Sarah kept trying to go up there too but kids had to be at least 4. Since the smorgasbord was a buffet I planned on making a Christmas tree cake. I baked a cake in a 9x13 pan and planned to cut it out in the pretty shape of a tree. That was the plan at least. I tried flipping the cake over and then it fell apart in a million pieces. So I ate 999,999 of those pieces.

Then I got sick.

So I made chocolate peanut butter bars - a super easy recipe that I can make quickly and can lick the bowl without feeling bad since there are no raw eggs. Not that I needed to lick the bowl since I ate so much cake earlier.

Jenna woke up with a pink eye and discharge from her eye along with a runny nose (no fever). We called the doctor and now we have drops to put in her eye. I don't like when anyone puts drops in my eyes and she is just like me. She fights me when I try and put the drops in her eye. Too bad she had to miss the Christmas party at school this week.

Today Sarah decided she wanted to use the potty (this is Sarah's personality by the way). So I couldn't keep a diaper on her. She kept taking it off and would walk around with her little naked butt all over the house. She did pee on the potty today which was a very exciting step. We will see if this lasts or is just a whim.

I snapped a picture of monkey Sarah on top of the play car. Jenna asked how Sarah got up there. It's her monkey genes :).

73 points on quiddler today.



3 comments:

Electra Maven said...

Hi, How are you? I came across your Blog and I really enjoyed reading it! I found it very interesting! I'm a new blogger so I'd like to invite you to have a look at my blog and feel welcome to give me any kind of feedback and comments on my posts! :) I would really appreciate it! Thanks for sharing information and yr experiences! I wish you all the best! Kind Regards ;)

http://www.electra-spotlight.blogspot.com/

ps: great pics

Marilyn said...

HI Gina,
I love your blog. It is always so well-written and interesting.
Love, Aunt Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Gina, I just got on your blog for the first time in awhile. I didn't know who Craig Krenzel is (who does he play for?) but I don't see why his wife wouldn't want to be your friend. After all, you are very special!!!

How is Sarah doing with the potty?
love, Mom