Monday, December 21, 2009

Sarah is so jokey

Sarah is over the hill. On Sunday we had a whirlwind day in Canton. We went to Amanda's graduation - congratulations Amanda! She graduated with a degree in Business from Walsh University. It was such a cute University - too bad it doesn't have a math and computer science degree program.

Then we celebrated Christmas with my family. The girls got several presents which they loved opening including mermaid barbies, clothes, a singing skirt, and guitars among other things. Sarah also received birthday gifts since we celebrated her 2nd birthday!


She's such a spitfire at 2, I can't imagine what she'll be like when she is older. Sarah wanted a pink cake and Erik decided that Jesus wanted a chocolate cake, so we'll be making a chocolate birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve.


On Saturday we had a few inches of snow, so we all went outside and built this beautiful snowman. After building the snowman, I was pelted with a snowball.


Then it was on.


Erik and I threw snowballs at each other, hid around playground equipment, and used children as shields (well I guess we didn't do that last part). It was so much fun when we got inside Jenna drew a picture of us playing outside with Mommy and Daddy holding snowballs. Too bad I couldn't call up my best friend Craig to help me throw some snowballs at Erik.


In other news:


  1. I finished Black Sun Rising by C.S.Friedman. Wow was it good! It was so good I immediately started on the second book in the trilogy much to Erik's dismay. This is not one of those books I read leisurely, this is a series I can't put down.
  2. I also finished Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon and I don't think I'll be reading any more of her work right now. It's too much for me and the writing is not as rich as authors like Friedman.

  3. The girls are staying with my parents for a few days (translate = sleeping in) so Erik and I went out to dinner to J.Alexanders (YUM!) and went to see Avatar in 3D. It was AWESOME! The story, special effects, and character development were excellent in Avatar. It was good even though you were rooting against the humans.

  4. I have to post this absolutely adorable video of Erik dancing with the girls. Apparently he does this a lot when I'm gone at night teaching. He puts some music on and they all dance. The girls love it!
  5. I got 80 points in Quiddler but was dismayed to find that Quiddler online does not accept the word "jokey". This word is a scrabble word I played years ago that Erik, Tim and Jen did not believe was a word. However, I found it in the dictionary and learned that it is a valid word. I'm sad to learn that Quiddler online does not recognize the validity of "jokey".



No comments: