Tuesday, December 22, 2009

N names

Today was our second day sans children and it was a very relaxing day. We spent $700 to fix the Explorer but that was the only place we went today. We cleaned the house (super exciting!) and I sat on the couch and watched movies and finished up changes to my courses for next semester.

One useful thing Erik and I did was think of names for our baby. Our two girls have middle names that begin with N. Here is a list of names Erik thinks we should use as a middle name:
  • Nektulos (the name of a forest in EQ2)
  • Nektropos (castle in EQ2)
  • Null ()
  • Nobody (Erik thinks it would be awesome to introduce yourself as nobody)
  • Necronomicon (book in stupid "Army of Darkness" movie)

Since none of these names sound normal, Erik thinks "normal" should be the middle name of our baby.

I'll keep you posted on our name possibilities.

Today I took a Pilates class at Lifetime fitness. It was exciting that I actually exercised and that I'm feeling better from this morning sickness. Saturday Erik and I even played squash - I only scored 4 points so obviously I'm a little rusty.

I also picked up the book "If God is Good" by Randy Alcorn. It is awesome with many stories that make me cry. He writes in the book that the reason most athiests do not choose to follow God is not because of science but rather because of pain and suffering. Many of them ask the question - "how can a good God allow evil and suffering in the world?" He brings up many good points explaining that an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving God could have reasons to allow suffering. Kind of like working out makes us stronger (well that was one example - he had a lot better ones).

66 points on Quiddler!

6 comments:

Joel said...

Nincompoop
Nano
Ninja
Nashville
Nexus
Newfoundland
Navratilova
Neo (from The Matrix)
.NET
Naked
Nicodemus
Nycrodemus
North
Neriak
Node
Network
NetworkError
Naturalized
Nebula
Nuclear
Nucleic
Nutritional
Nutational
National
Numbnuts
Nevada
Net
Nevae
Niagara
North Dakota
Number
Netiquette
NIC (Network card)
NTFS
Newbie
Num Lock

I should probably do some work now.

Gina Cooper said...

Those names are so awesome Joel! I think we'll go with .NET. That is a beautiful name :)

Anonymous said...

Necronomicon is also a real book of Witchcraft, referenced often in S.King and H.P. Lovecraft stories. You can pick one up at Half-Price books, tho' I wouldn't want one in my home.

I think Null is a great name; it might generate all kinds of computer errors when you say your name is "Null" on standardized tests and at the BMV!

Merry Christmas,
Nullmuse

Anonymous said...

I do not want to call my next niece/nephew .NET, I have to test/troubleshoot ASP.NET all day at work! How about C++? Our legacy modules are written in C++ and we are porting them to C#.

~Mimmie

Anonymous said...

Joel should probably do some work...

~Mimmie

Joel said...

Work? What? Why?