Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gingerbread Nummie

It's been a long time since I've updated my blog. This is partially due to the fact that I've laid on the couch every day with morning sickness and partially due to the fact that due to my lack of enthusiasm for moving, not much is going on.
Today the girls and I decorated our annual gingerbread house. The girls both ate more of the candies than they actually decorated with but I think everyone had a good time. Sarah liked the tiny gumballs and kept saying "balls nummie" translation "these gumballs are so yummy!"
Sarah's language has exploded. She has been saying full sentences for awhile and knows 9 colors and has started to count. She talks all the time...ALL THE TIME. Jenna talks all the time...ALL THE TIME. Mommy is exhausted by all the talking. The other day, I set a timer for 5 minutes. No one was allowed to talk for that 5 minutes. It didn't last.

Peace and quiet...where art thou?
Not in a home with 2 and 4 1/2 year old girls.
In other news:
  1. Our small group made dinner for the Ronald McDonald House. I've posted a picture of me and my friend Jen making quesadillas. We served the families that stay at the house and really enjoyed this service opportunity. We do like to serve at Faith Mission too but this was different since it was families rather than just men.
  2. I am reading two books with virtually the same names. Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Black Sun Rising by C.S. Friedman. Both are fantasy yet very different stories. However the names are close so that is exciting to me.
  3. Our church is starting a Dave Ramsey course for 13 weeks called Financial Peace University. Erik is thinking of going. I'm thinking of not going. I don't think much about finances - that's Erik's job. He doesn't think about showering and laundry - apparently that's my job.
  4. I refuse to wear maternity clothes in the first trimester even though I'm ballooning up with this pregnancy. All my clothes are tight and I look like I'm about 20 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure how I'll survive through this pregnancy.
  5. 86 points on Quiddler!

1 comment:

Yarnin_Mama said...

I can so relate to the talking thing. Grace can talk from the time she gets up until the time she goes to bed. My kids are very familiar with the 5 min quiet game, especially in the car on long trips.