Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter



This comic is SO funny. My research was based on genetic algorithms which are optimization algorithms (not going to get in the gritty details). Anyway - I was rolling after reading this comic that no one else probably gets ;). It is from xkcd.com - a hilarious math comic website.

Today is Easter! We had a fabulous Easter. My mom and dad took the girls on Wednesday and we went home to pick them up today. I had an all day meeting at work on Thursday which was fun. Since we were sans kids, we went hiking at Highbanks twice, went out to dinner at Carrabas, went to Stations of the Cross at the Catholic Church, saw Clash of the Titans, got to play games with Tim and Jen, and slept in. It was a little vacation.

On Sunday we went to Amanda's church. It is Mercy Vineyard in Canton and it is a great church! Then we had Easter dinner where relatives said things to me like "are you sure you're not 9 months pregnant?" and "there's a woman at church who is due around the same time as you and she's not nearly as big as you." Umm....thanks? I bit my tongue before I said "thanks - I think you look fat too." Apparently it's funny to tell a pregnant woman she is huge.

Joel, Megan, and Grandma and Grandpa will be coming to visit on Wednesday. We are so excited! I made a hoho cake although it has too much sugar for me to eat.

85 points on Quiddler!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful seeing you, Erik, and the girls this weekend. I just love those little girlies, they make me laugh so much.

"@!#$% Ma Chair!" - Sarah

"Nana, do you even know what you are doing???" - Jenna

I think you looked beautiful with your little belly. The dress you wore was beautiful too.

~Missy

Anonymous said...

This is your third child. What do they expect? I am sorry for those comments. I did not say anything did I? Nana

Joel said...

HO HO CAKE!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that people make rude comments about your body. I just wanted to tell you that during worship I looked at you holding Sarah and I thought to myself, You look so beautiful. AND YOU DO! It made cry!
It made me think how amazing your body has to be that Jesus is growing a baby in your belly!

Love You
Panda

A Joyful Chaos said...

The comic is funny! I'm sorry you had to deal with rude comments. It always amazes me how some people think they can say things to pregnant ladies that they wouldn't even dream of saying to anyone else.