Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beach sand carpet

Beach sand. That's what our new carpet feels and looks like (except without the sandyness of sand). It's so soft. The girls love running on it - I snapped a picture before Erik moved all the furniture back. I feel like we have a new house now!
On Thursday Jenna had a sleepover. Her friend Paige came to spend the night. The girls were up until 10pm talking! The next morning we colored eggs and had an Easter egg hunt around the house. Jenna had a blast! And took a 2 hour nap - she was so exhausted.

Today we went to an Easter Egg hunt at New Hope church where Jenna goes to preschool. It was great fun. There were activities as well as the Easter Egg hunt. The girls decorated foam eggs with a magnet on the back so we have those on our refrigerator. There was also a big trough of dirt and the kids got a cupful of it and then planted flower seeds in it. I guess I'm supposed to remember to water them. Then they decorated Easter egg cookies. Each of the kids could find 13 Easter eggs and both girls found so many more so we had to put some back. Sarah was really not a fan of that.
This upcoming week is very exciting. Holy week is a great time to reflect on God's love for us. Jenna is working on the following memory verse this week: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ~John 14:6. She's doing a great job memorizing it! I'm excited for Good Friday to go to Stations of the Cross and Easter Sunday.
The following week will be exciting too! Joel and Megan and Grandma and Grandpa will be visiting. We haven't seen Joel and Megan in a long time and are very excited. The girls are really excited to see them. They know Uncle Joel likes ice cream and Aunt Megan likes tacos :)
In other news:
  1. I'm currently reading two books: The Legacy of Heorot by Niven, Pournelle, and Barnes. I've really liked everything these authors have written and this is no exception. Fossil Hunter by John Olson. This is a book given to me by someone at church and is really good. It is about evolution - a topic I like to read about.
  2. I decided that I could do Pilates. So I went to a pilates class at Lifetime. This video (sorry about the ad first) shows one of the exercises we were supposed to do. Yea. Right. I'm 7 months pregnant - I do not bend.
  3. 73 points on Quiddler today!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That carpet looks great, I cannot wait to see it! Is that sad?

Cute pics of the girls and a sleep over?!?!? How fun!!

~Missy

Anonymous said...

Nice carpet. Do you remember the name and color? We have samples lying on our floor and we can't decide. Randy liked the picture so he wanted me to ask. I can't wait for new carpet.

BTW the girls our so cute!! Hopefully we can come see you guys sometime this summer.

Julie