Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chocolate milk cartons











Kindergarten starts in 1 week. 1 week!! My baby is going to kindergarten. When I toured her school - I was pelted by the sounds, smells, and visuals of elementary school. It transported me back to sharpened pencils, chalk, stickers, and chocolate milk cartons. OOOH how I love chocolate milk cartons! Now they have these plastic twist top milk bottles that are far inferior to their cardboard counterparts. What has this world come to?
Jenna's kindergarten orientation was tonight and she is not looking forward to going. She talks so much about not wanting to go to kindergarten that Sarah has started saying "I don't want to go to ballet." Not because she doesn't want to go, but because she wants to be like big sister and have something that she "doesn't want" to go to. (Jenna and Sarah will both be in ballet this year). Anyway, we are trying to encourage Jenna but she is very anxious about kindergarten. We are praying for her to have a good experience.

On a different topic, one of Erik's favorite desserts is chocolate truffle tart. It consists of 1/2 lb butter, 1 lb bittersweet chocolate and 6 eggs. It's low fat yummy. Anyway, Erik and I have become obsessed with sea salt lately. So I wanted to modify my chocolate truffle tart recipe to include sea salt. (the girls helped stir the batter - see picture). I added 3/4tsp of sea salt to the batter and then sprinkled some on top. Awww Yea. To quote the compositional masterpiece of Yo Gabba Gabba "there's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy."

I also got some hi-gluten flour from Yutzy's. Normally I add 1 tsp of gluten per cup of flour to my bread dough, but I wanted to see how the hi-gluten flour would compare in my honey wheat bread in place of the gluten. It worked great! I was excited to see the results, however Erik was less than thrilled. I currently have the following types of flours in my pantry: all purpose, self-rising, whole wheat, bread, and hi-gluten flour. Erik is not thrilled with the numerous types of flours we are storing (yes I threw away the cake flour before he noticed). He is already annoyed that I want another waffle maker (ours died the other day) since it is a unitasker.
When Nicholas and Emmerich were over the other day, all 4 kids were playing in/on/around our play car. Surprisingly they all got along well. I also snapped a picture of Sarah wearing her tigger outfit. She has been wearing it a lot lately and she looks adorable!
71 on Quiddler today and I made the word "winner"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics of the girls. They are just so cute. I love that first one of Jenna. She is making such a funny expression with her hands on her hips.

~Missy