Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tooney

Thank you to everyone who voted in my very important poll on who Matthew resembles. Erik is winning but surprisingly, many people think Matthew looks like me too! No one thinks Matthew looks like Sarah though. That's okay - she is a wisp of a girl and we don't want Matthew to be a wisp (maybe a night elf but certainly not a wisp).


I've included pictures of the girls getting their haircut. While this may seem mundane, it is actually Sarah's first haircut at a salon (Cookie Cutters). Sarah, who hates when I brush her hair in the morning, loved getting her hair cut. Now Jenna will be ready for school and Sarah will be ready for... something.

When Erik's Mom and Grandma were visiting, we took a picture of all 4 generations together. It came out really nice and is good to have everyone together like this. Now if the kids would just look at the camera!
The Cooper book club picked our next book to read. It is Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. I was so excited to read this book until I learned that Steven Donaldson gave it a good review (he is the author of Thomas Covenant). So I am a little worried. However, I am looking forward to reading this book and discussing it in our book club.
I was informed by the book club that I am not allowed to read the next Brandon Sanderson book until everyone else does. I find this to be highly unfair and will probably sneak read it. Is that actually something? Sneak reading??
58 points on Quiddler today. Apparently "tooney" is not a word. It sounds like a word to me!

1 comment:

Dave said...

hmm. Can you really sneak reading it after telling us that's what you're going to do? Isn't that closer to sitting on top of the radar than sneaking under the it? :)