Saturday, March 26, 2011

My lazy week

The girls went to my parents house for a few days.  They had a fabulous time seeing movies, going to a museum, and going out to eat.

I, of course, thought this would be a great time to get caught up on cleaning, laundry, and go to the gym for exercise. 

Nope.

I sat on the couch and read with a cup of hot chocolate.

And it was glorious!

Some books I have read/am reading:
  1. The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. This was a fantastic book and a quick read.  The main character was raped and the book followed her struggle on whether or not to have the baby.  She ends up having the baby and I cried!  I loved it!
  2. Sea of Monsters and The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan.  Yes, I admit it. I love young adult fiction! These books are 2 and 3 of the Percy Jackson series.  I'm on book 4 and loving it!
  3. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. This is a fabulous book we are reading with our CO* book club. We are about halfway through and I really like his writing.  The story is interesting and I'm excited to see what happens - he is a good storyteller!
  4. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark.  This book is very English and I love English things!  I like having insight into the way English think about things.  I'm not sure if this is still true but in the book I get the feeling they hate the French and view Wales as we view West Virginia (eg. backwards).
  5. What the Bible is all About by Henrietta Mears.  I'm still in this book and enjoying it very much.  I'm reading about proverbs now.  I recommend this book highly!
In other news, Matthew said Mama. The more exciting thing is that I got it on video. It is at the very end while he is rolling around. I really think he said Mama (maybe I want it to be true!).

I am also contemplating doing Bible Study Fellowship next year.  Each year there is a different study (for a total of 8 years). They are very in-depth and I've heard it is life changing.  I want a life-changing Bible study.  Sign me up!   They also have Bible study for kids so Sarah and Matthew would be learning the same books of the Bible the adults would study just at their level. I think it sounds wonderful.

67 points on Quiddler today and no bonuses!

2 comments:

Scionic said...

I enjoyed the wildcard version of the book club. :)

Amanda said...

Doing work while the kids are gone isn't fun...relaxing is what it's all about! :)
I think I read the Atonement Child when I was in high school. I remember it being a good book, but I bet I could pit it up now and read it again like it was the first time. I'm forgetful. It's a good thing when you read a lot of books.
Maybe I'll pick up "What the Bible is all about". That sounds good.