Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beautiful Birds!

Since we have put a birdfeeder in our backyard a plethora of birds have come for snacks. I've also discovered some beautiful birds in my backyard that I didn't even know existed. In this picture of our birdfeeder, a bluebird is waiting on the deck patiently as a northern flicker is eating.  The northern flicker is SO beautiful.  I have made a bird collage (because really, what else do I have to do) to show you some of these birds.  The mallard duck does not come to our bird feeder but is at the pond close to our house so I think that counts.

My pictures don't do them justice. The birds are striking in their beauty.  Okay....enough about the birds already. 

Jenna will be baptized on Sunday and Matthew will be dedicated. I don't know what Sarah will get?
It should be a wonderful Sunday!  We believe Jenna is ready and we are excited for her to take this step.  Our pastor met with her today and asked her what sin she has committed (to see if she understood the concept of sin). She said "not being nice to her sister".  Then he asked her questions of repentence which she understood.  I'm amazed at what she understands at 6!

I ordered a cake with a picture of all the kids on it.  Erik is not excited to eat a cake with the kids on it.  He would rather I made a yummy chocolate cake but such is life.

Tonight for dinner I made pancakes and put vanilla pudding mix in the batter.  Those pancakes were awesome!  Jenna and I both ate 4 pancakes!!  That is a record!

61 points on Quiddler today and I got to make the word "blimey".

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We get all those too, except the blue bird. I'm not sure we've ever had one in our yard. We actually had a red winged blackbird, indigo bunting, and a scarlet tanager one time, but that's rare. We've had hawks too. Cooper's hawk mostly, but one time a red tailed hawk (the really big one) was in our yard. COOL! We've kept a list of all the birds we've ever seen in our yard, and it's a long list. You'll see lots more this summer. Oh, and I'm sure you've seen robins and doves - they're everywhere! Maybe even grackles and starlings too. So much fun to recognize birds.

Gina Cooper said...

OOH How could I forget Robins! They are EVERYWHERE! That's probably why I forgot to put them on my list. Thanks for reminding me Amanda ;)