Wednesday, March 09, 2011

There are teeth, really!

I have tried unsuccessfully to get a picture of Matthew's two teeth.  He really does not like it when we try and get a picture (obviously).  He does have two teeth though. I promise. However I don't see much more solid food than baby food in his future. He really doesn't like anything with texture - not even yogurt.  At some point I hope he eats - I can't have three kids who don't eat.  I love to eat - what's the deal?


He is rocking back and forth like he's going to crawl any day. He can actually crawl backwards just not forwards.  Here is a video of him rocking back and forth a little bit. I'm just loving this stage.  I love 8 months - they are too cute.  Of course 6 and 3 yrs are also cute. Check out my super cute girls at ballet. 

I'm very excited for their ballet recital. This will be the last year they will be in the same recital.  After this year, Jenna will be in the main show (since she will be in first grade).  Sarah will be in the mini-show if she still wants to do ballet next year.  They do have all boys tap classes so if Matthew wants to tap he can!  You get a discount for the more kids you have enrolled - not a bad idea.

On a different topic, I'm very excited that a paper I have written was accepted through the first round of peer reviews for a conference I want to attend in October.  I will find out in May if my paper is accepted for publication which will be very exciting!  The conference should be good too.  I'm also thinking of working on some research and writing a paper for the Las Vegas conference I attended in 2009.  I learned so much and had such a good time!  Hubby came too for that conference and worked in the hotel room while I conferenced (if that is a verb).

Today is the first day of Lent.  I wish the Pentacostal church would get on the ball and observe Lent as well. It's such a great time of Spiritual spring cleaning. I love Lent!  Today I went to the Ash Wednesday service at St. Joan of Arc near my house. I love the Ash Wednesday service and St. Joan of Arc is such a wonderful church.  I think Jenna is old enough to go to Stations of the Cross this year.  I'm excited to take her. 

This year I am giving up coffee for Lent.  I tried to think of something that Matthew really didn't need (as I am still pumping) and he really doesn't need the caffeine in coffee (I guess I don't need it either).  I love hot tea though so I'll be drinking lots of tea!

82 on Quiddler today and I got to make the word "plaid".  "Plaid" is just such a cool word. I like it as much as I don't like "yolk". Really, who likes the word "yolk"?

No comments: