Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fun outside in Spring!

It was beautiful this weekend so we actually ventured outside.  Luckily we have 3 swings on our swingset seeing as we have 3 kids.  Matthew fits well in the baby swing now as opposed to last year when he was floppy in the swing.  As you notice Sarah refuses to conform to the standard method of swinging. 
You can see more of her refusal while in the sandbox:

Even though it was beautiful this weekend it was back to being cold again yesterday, so we spent the day coloring eggs and going through Resurrection Eggs. If you have never heard of Resurrection Eggs they are pretty cool. The girls really loved looking in the eggs and listening to the story of Jesus.  Sarah even asked a lot of questions and seemed to understand.  I was really impressed with the Resurrection Eggs.

As you can see from the picture of the girls coloring eggs, everyone is concentrating.  Even Matthew in the background who is concentrating on some dirt he found on the floor.  He pretty much eats whatever he finds on the floor: pretzels, old m&ms, dead ants....

Erik has fashioned 3 gardens for us out of fake wood (since the wood from our old garden was....old).  You can see the gardens in this video where I've captured Matthew trying to get in one of them.  We have a plan for our gardens this year and I'm so excited.  Erik has even made a diagram.  I love him!

Two of my books have come in the library.  One I've waited for 2 months to get and the other I've waited a few weeks to get.  As I opened one of them today Erik said "STOP! We might read one of them for our book club".  Apparently I can not read any more books as they may be possibilities for the book club.  Bummer.

No update on Quiddler today.  I was left with h,w,x,n,cl,s,qu,b.  How can I possibly make a word out of those letters?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Have you heard of PLAY CLOTHES!?? I love how everyone is playing in their Sunday bests! HA!

I'll have to check out the Resurrection Eggs. I've heard about them but haven't read what they are all about.

Gina Cooper said...

When you have a daughter you will understand. My girls wear dresses ALL the time. Jenna complains the one day she has to wear pants at school (for gym class). One day a week!