Saturday, March 03, 2012

There goes the lights again.

Finals week has come and gone and I have survived it (barely...). I have no new classes this session which is a break from last session with 4 new classes! I do have 4 classes - 2 online, 2 onsite but they are all classes I have taught before so it shouldn't be too busy for me.

Next session in May and June I will be teaching C# and VBscript. I'm excited to teach those classes however the classes are Friday nights and Saturday mornings. This is during prime camping season - bummer!

Erik's birthday was Monday however he was so sick with a stomach virus that we didn't really celebrate. Later in the week when he was feeling better I made him a raspberry key lime pie (which he absolutely LOVED), beer cheese bread, and cheesy quesadillas for his birthday.

Lately it has been nice outside so we haven't had the fire going but I wanted to post this picture of Scruffles by the fire. He is normally camped out by the fire all the time. Scruffles loves the fire!
Scruffles' usual spot by the fire
Our small group served dinner at Ronald McDonald house and had a great time. There were so many families we served that we almost ran out of food. It is such a great ministry! I missed it because I was teaching but it's great that our small group can serve this way.
Our small group serving dinner to the families at Ronald McDonald House


Matthew's favorite activity is turning on and off the lights around our house. Sometimes we will go around the house and every light is on. He drags around his stool to each of the light switches so he can reach them. He is so adorable. I was in the shower yesterday and the lights kept turning on and off. Sometimes I just want the lights to stay on.
Matthew's favorite activity. Turning on and off the lights!

In other news:
  1. Our Coo* book club picked a new book to read. The Windup Girl by Paolo B. It sounds interesting and there are big elephants in it so you can't go wrong there.
  2. I'm also reading Feast of Souls by C.S. Friedman. This is a really good book - love her writing.
  3. On the Kindle Fire (yes I'm cool like that) I'm reading Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. This book has been on my list for quite a while and I like that I can take it anywhere. I go so many places ya know.
  4.  I'm also reading Queen of Men by a super-awesome author who has been gifted with an exceedingly large cranium.
  5. I was reading my friend's blog and realized she is reading books that help her become a better mother, parent and Christian. So I think I am going to look for a book like that. I wonder if GRRM writes a book like that....
  6. 67 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

Joel said...

I certainly don't know who this big headed author could be. But I bet he's glad that the dwarf population is enjoying his books!

Gina Cooper said...

I certainly don't know who the dwarf population is!