Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shocking Puffins!

I found a recipe online for Pancake Muffins (aka puffins). Each one is dipped in pancake syrup before eating. They were so delicious! The girls devoured them quickly. Speaking of quickly - I've been making fruit leather lately and the girls eat it so quickly I can't even snap a picture. I'm not kidding!
I make fruit leather using this recipe:

2 lbs strawberries
2 pears
splash of lemon juice
a little water
Cook until soft. Puree in food processor. Pour into two cookie sheets. Bake in 170 oven for 6-8 hours. It's really good, healthy, and soooooo yummy.
Pancake muffins = puffins!
Every Tuesday I make dinner for my small group. The past few dinners have been less exciting. I made chili wagon wheel casserole which had basically no taste, and tortellini carbonara which was good but not great.  However the coq au vin I made was fabulous! The picture doesn't look great but it was really good. It had bacon, chicken, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, pearl onions, spices, etc, and 2 cups of red wine. I served it with rice a roni and everyone loved it!
coq au vin. lots of yumminess

Daddy and Matthew working at the computer
Yesterday I went to HerWorld for high school junior and senior girls. We built a motion detector using snap circuits and I got to talk a little about electricity. The girls loved it! However I was the one who was shocked. The girls filled out forms listing their information and the senior sitting next to me was born June 1994.
I graduated high school in 1993. Hmmm.... it seems like just yesterday. Where did the time go?
Snap circuit motion detector
I've registered for another triathlon. This one will be at Alum Creek so I'll be swimming with the fishies! It 1/4 mile swimming, 10 miles biking, and 3.1 miles running. I do need a new bike though. I don't want to be laughed at by the other triathletes because of my free non-speed bike with the babyseat on the back.

79 points on Quiddler today

No comments: