Tuesday, May 01, 2012

My cool/loser bike

After my fun trip to Chicago, the weather here has been so nice we've gone bike riding every day! Check out my fancy new bike. I bought this bike at Performance Bike for $300. I was so excited about my new bike - especially since I *thought* I spent a lot on it and it was a good bike.

Me riding my new bike
Then I went to a triathlon training camp for newbies. Everyone but me and one other woman had really expensive road bikes. They also had clip on shoes to clip their shoes to the pedals. These people were serious. I looked at my bike and felt like a loser.  Even so - I'm not going to drop a thousand dollars on a road bike now. 
How I felt about my bike

Static hair at the playground
For our anniversary we are planning on going to the Hocking Hills zip line. I also found a 38 mile bike path we might ride too. It will be scenic and a lot of fun. I'm excited for our anniversary trip.

In other news:
  1. Our book club finished the Windup Girl. The book was innovative and well-written. However just like the Dispossessed (also innovative and well-written) I didn't love it.
  2. The book club is now starting The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. Yep. I read 4 chapters and I'm hooked. Love him.
  3. I'm working my way through the Bible on a 365 day plan. I've done really well and managed to catch up on days I've missed. It has been a fun and good experience!
  4. Now that I'm teaching only Fridays and Saturdays I have my whole week to spend with the family. I eat dinner with them every night and I'm loving it!
  5. 76 points on quiddler today

3 comments:

DVK said...

Those 'serious' bikes with the clip-in shoes are nuts! My cousin got one off of craigslist fairly "cheap". I don't think I'll ever be that serious about biking....

Gina Cooper said...

I agree the clip in shoes are scary. What if you need to stop? I think I would fall A LOT.

Amanda said...

If I had all the money in the world I'd buy one of those bikes you sit low to the ground in. It looks pretty comfy. But those are $$$.