Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I don't even know who my husband is anymore...

That's right. Who are you Erik?

My formerly vegetable-adverse husband wanted to plant spinach in one whole garden out of our 8 gardens.  I talked him out of it so I could plant zucchini instead. He is zucchini-adverse but has found a love of spinach. Erik = popeye!
Our 8 gardens
 This year we also planted strawberries on the side of our house. It sounds like strawberries take a few years to grow so in 3 years we will have a good crop. The waiting is the hardest part.
Strawberries on the side of the house
 Summer is almost here which means lots of swimming! All three kids have swimming lessons every week and it is going well except for Matthew. He is not a fan. These are his first swimming lessons so it is to be expected, but Jenna and Sarah are doing well.
Matthew going up the slide at swimming lessons
 In other news:
  1. I finished an Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. As I was reading this book I was struck by how many different genres he managed to put in one book. It has fantasy, western and steampunk elements to it. Yet it works. This reminds me of Iron chef when they mix banana, lobster, and goat cheese together and the judges say "I didn't know how it would go together but it works." Hmmmm... banana, lobster, and goat cheese. Maybe that will be my next iron chef dish!
  2. Every Sunday evening the girls stay up and watch Cupcake Wars with me. They really love this show (obviously I do too). I have been begging Erik to get me some secret ingredients to make cupcakes out of. Stay tuned!
  3. The cherry berry chiller at McDonalds is AMAZING. Just sayin.
  4. Yesterday I swam (for the first time since March!) and timed myself at 42 seconds a lap.  The internet said it should take me 15 seconds. I will probably be dead last at the triathlon :(.  Searching online for "swimming faster" really didn't give me any ideas.
  5. I love my new schedule at work but am really feeling like working in industry. Maybe when the kids get in school. Erik said I should just give it up - we will see what happens.  Who knows?
  6. 73 points on Quiddler today.

2 comments:

DVK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DVK said...

I'm gonna be picky and call that *one* garden with eight *plots*. Just sayin'...

What's the new work schedule?