Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Matthew knows his nose

While it may seem trivial to know where your nose is, for Matthew it is a big accomplishment. I've been working with him for quite awhile to learn his body parts but he has never shown that he actually knows where anything is except his head and belly. Yesterday he knew where his nose was! Yippee!

Tim and Jen gave us their train table (maybe I should say their kids gave us the train table - I'm not sure how much Tim and Jen played with it).  We love the train table and have been playing on it a lot. Sarah especially loves the train table. She also has been crazy about legos and fiercely guards her legos from Matthew. I see some potential conflict between Sarah and Matthew.
Matthew and his new train table
 I have written Limericks about Jenna and Sarah. So I thought I'd try my hand at writing one for Matthew.

A Limerick I wrote about Matthew:
There once was a busy little boy
Whose running feet are his favorite toy
He points and he smiles
And runs for miles
And his giggles are his family's joy


Originally the last line was "And his dimples are his family's joy". But Erik told me that he doesn't care at all about dimples and they brought him no joy.  I changed the poem to say "giggles". 
Matthew and Daddy

Our band
In other news:
  1. Our coo* book club has started An Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. I had trouble stopping at the 4th chapter. The 4th chapter!! You know if you're hooked by the 4th chapter it has to be good.
  2. I'm reading Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig. It's a great book about Rhett Butler and his family. I'm really enjoying it.
  3. I've also picked up Wings of Wrath by C.S. Friedman. Her writing is fantastic.
  4. My semester started with 2 online classes and 2 onsite classes. It has been great! I love the classes I'm teaching and the material is exactly what I want to teach. This semester is so wonderful. While I thought I wouldn't like Friday nights and Saturday morning - it's actually really nice. All week long I am with my family and we don't do much on Saturday mornings anyway. Bummer we can't go camping this semester though.  We might try to go during the week.
  5. One of my students emailed me and asked me to pray for her friend. She said she heard I was a prayer warrior. Wow! That is so amazing - that's what I want to be known as.
  6. Erik and I have been playing some old school Starcraft lately. We are both rusty but it is fun.
  7. I got -56 points on Quiddler today because there were no vowels. Seriously? No vowels!!

1 comment:

DVK said...

Train Tables ROCK! We acquired one from a coworker of Regina's.