Thursday, May 17, 2012

Brownies and Lasagna

Sarah's Mothers day song

Last week Sarah's preschool had a Mother's Day program. The kids each filled out a questionnaire about their mother. Some of the answers were hilarious. Sarah said I was 76 years old (I think I look pretty good for 76) and my favorite food was mashed cauliflower (I've only made this once - yes I liked it but wouldn't call it my favorite food). Then they all sang a song about their moms. It was so sweet!

Jenna's Bridge to Brownies ceremony
Jenna went through the bridge ceremony from Daisys to Brownies. So if we keep her in girl scouts next year she will be a brownie. To celebrate I made her a pan of brownies which we devoured quickly.

Tuesday night our small group served dinner at Faith Mission - a homeless shelter in Columbus. We brought 8 pans of lasagna and 3 large pans of spaghetti and meatballs.

And we ran out.

This shelter is for only men and we were surprised at how many men were there and how much food they ate :). We also brought salad, cookies, pop, and rolls. It was a successful trip but I felt bad for the two people who didn't get any lasagna.

70 points on quiddler today

No comments: