Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Star confetti for second grade

Last night Jenna slept with a bag of star confetti under her bed to help her sleep before her first day of second grade in the morning. She was giddy with excitement. She couldn't eat her blueberry pancakes (her favorite by the way) because she was so excited.

I remember this. I loved school and got so excited for a new year to start.
Jenna and Lauren
 Jenna is in the same class as Lauren her bff. She even has a best friends necklace with Lauren. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted one of those necklaces. I told Erik I wished I could get a necklace like that and he said he is my bff and he wears a ring to prove it. Whatever....I want a necklace and I doubt he would wear the other half.
Jenna and Mrs. Tolford
 Her first day of school was great - this should be a fantastic year!

The last day of summer the girls and I took a trip with Lynn, Lauren, and Jacob to the Anthony Thomas chocolate factory to see one of their tours. This tour was great and the girls were glued to the glass watching in fascination as chocolate was squirted into little molds. At the end of the tour we earch received a free buckeye, then (of course) we bought chocolate to take home.
The BIG BUCKEYE at Anthony Thomas
Last weekend we went camping at the Dayton KOA. We had never been here but it was a fantastic campground. We will definitely plan more trips in the future. This campground had a cute train (like you would see in the mall) that the owner would drive around the park. The girls really loved the train ride. On Saturday night there was a spaghetti dinner and all campers could attend and bring a dessert to share. I brought sea salt caramel cookie bars. They were pretty amazing and Erik wants me to make them again. It was kind of like a dessert buffet and I ate way too much dessert (hey I have about 10 months until the next triathlon so I have time to get back in shape).
Sitting in a wagon at Carriage Hill Farm
 While at the Dayton KOA we went to the Carriage Hill Farm. This is an 1880s historic farm with animals, an old farmhouse, blacksmith, and a seamstress. The girls loved watching the seamstress sew a quilt. (probably because they watch Mommy sew quilts all the time....). Since Jenna loves Little House on the Praire books, this farm was perfect for her.
The train at Dayton KOA
My score in Quiddler was so wretched! 31 points :(

No comments: