Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Seven Foods I miss the most on the 24 day advocare challenge - the results surprised me!

We are on day 5 of our 24 day advocare challenge. The diet is basically fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, nuts, and yogurt. It is low carb (read no desserts!). The first 10 days are an herbal cleanse and the last 14 days are for burning fat. I thought I would really miss dessert and would be dying for chocolate.

I'm not.

Weird.

I've made a list of the foods that I miss the most:
7. Flavored coffee
6. Chocolate
5. Milk and cereal
4. Peanut butter
3. Bread
2. Pasta
1. Cheese

Yep that's right. I miss cheese. It is even above peanut butter. I've been really craving cheese over sweets.

So why are we doing this?

Our friends who did the challenge said they slept better and had more energy. One friend lost 21 inches and another guy only needs to put insulin in his diabetes pump once a day instead of 3 times a day from going on this challenge.  All in 24 days.

So with all those good results Erik and I decided to do it too.

The herbal cleanse involves drinking a fiber drink in the morning, taking herbal cleanse pills in the evening and probiotic pills in the morning. We also have this energy drink called spark with lots of vitamins in it. However I can't have a lot of caffeine, it keeps me up at night so I can only drink this first thing in the morning.  We aren't to the 14 day burn phase but once we get there I'll keep you posted on what it is all about.

We do feel really good on this challenge and are hoping to shed some pounds. I heard that each pound you lose shaves 2 seconds per mile off your running time. Erik wants to lose 30 lbs so he can be lightning fast. He already is getting much faster at running (much faster than me!). He has impressed me so much with his exercise routine and discipline.

I'm excited to see our results!




1 comment:

DVK said...

Good luck! I look forward to the 'full report' later.