Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Chocolate weekend!

Tricia sent me a picture after the triathlon last Sunday. Since she and Erik finished before me, they were waiting for me to cross the finish line to take a picture. Since the triathlon, Erik and Tricia have been trash talking each other. He really wants to beat her next year. If my friend Lynn joins us next year we will have to up our trash talking - I don't know if we could beat her though.
Tricia, Erik, and me after the triathlon (literally I had just crossed the finish line and got my bottle of water!)
 Last weekend we went camping at Buckeye Lake for chocolate weekend. The Knupps and the Prices also joined us and stayed in cabins. Last year Jenna was hesitant to go in the chocolate slip and slide. She had no such qualms this year and got drenched in chocolate pudding. Erik's new theory is that he will lose 20 lbs and that will help him beat Tricia in the triathlon next year. So even though it was chocolate weekend he didn't eat any chocolate! I, however ate lots of chocolate!  I doubt I'll beat Tricia. Plus she brought a dozen cupcakes from this fancy downtown bakery. Of course I'm going to eat some!
Addie and Sarah in the camp chair

Jenna covered in chocolate pudding

The chocolate slip-n-slide
 Last week the kids had VBX at church. It is Vacation Bible Extreme. It was extreme! I was the leader for the 4-5 year olds. Sarah was in my group and she is on the end holding a huge boa constrictor. She had no fear!  The kids really loved the activities and the River radio station came and handed out goodie bags to the kids.
The yellow boa
77 points on Quiddler today and I got to make the word "pewter". Some days I feel like I need to burn pewter just to keep going (Mistborn reference - yipee!)

1 comment:

DVK said...

I love posting a chocolate slide right after the triathlon talk... hehe!